Thursday, February 7, 2013

Promoting Home-Made Products


There’s been growing number of locals producing various products for the local and international markets.  I have seen dozen of them around Port Moresby, promoting and selling their products.  I was on the toes when I found out recently that my very own people in the village, just few meters away from where my house is are actually part of the system. 

I called Granpa to the man who initiated the idea and he has two sons whom I call Paps.  The old man, Mr. Ibo Alu, in his 60s I believe, was a very creative person and he started this project few years ago.  All this time, I never knew that he packs and supplies his product, Bukawa Coconut, Noni & Frangipani Oil to his customers in the village and in town (Lae) as well. 
   
He heard stories that I was giving hands to various people and groups in the village so he approached me to discuss some things regarding his project – Bukawa Coconut Oil.  I heard his story and was so elated, especially of such an old man who despite circumstances push for some classic home-grown and home-made products to be packed in the village. 

 He wanted assistance to back him up in his small-scale-manufacturing project and wanted me to assist him find funding.  We had about two hours of conversation and then I assured him that I would assist where my arms can reach.  To cut the story short, I came back to work and started planning some marketing campaigns as well as doing research on various supportive assets to boost the efforts of this old man.  I can't at this stage elaborate further but hope that my future blog would give some outcomes.

Attached below is a quick poster I made with applied graphics and 3D modell to give an impression and maximize the sales of this natural product made by this old man and his sons.



No comments:

Post a Comment